we will update as we publish at AMERICAN INDIAN ADOPTEES WEBSITE - some issues with blogger are preventing this

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Manitoba woman learns she was a part of the ’60s Scoop, decades later

Fifty-one-year-old Lori-Ann Lucas made a discovery that filled a void she says she’d long looked to fill in her life. She was a part of the ’60s Scoop. Abigail Turner reports.

“I always felt a little different and I could never put my finger on it. I knew there was just something — I belonged, but I didn’t belong.”

Lucas is adopted. Three months ago she began searching for her birth family.

She discovered her adoption papers, including her birth mother’s name. Using social media, she posted the papers online and asked for help connecting her with relatives.

“When the first one came in and they told me about how we’re related, I literally dropped to my knees and just started crying and I went, ‘These are the pieces that I’m missing.’”

KEEP READING

 

Read more: Manitoba Sixties Scoop documentary finds audience in West Africa

No comments:

Post a Comment

tell us your thoughts!

Contact Trace

Name

Email *

Message *